Thursday, November 19, 2009
The American Empire
Click here to view in youtube
I started the video process really without a guiding theme. I knew I wanted to do something related to a social issue, since, well, I'm really not that artistically talented to rely solely on aesthetics. As an Econ major, and someone very passionate about the struggling peoples in our economy, I decided to center it around The Great Depression and "The Great Recession". The construction of the video proved to be the most difficult as I spent more time fighting with the computer (and losing my first video) than working on the video itself. As far as the creative process, I enjoyed exploring imovie, and feel competent in placing and adjusting video together so that it flows. Playing with sound and the speed of video was the most fun for me: both of those elements can add so much to a project. If I hadn't lost my first video, I would've liked to expand more with video of the current homeless and struggling population. I am satisfied with the project, but really could have done a 10 minute video with the subject matter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment